Our food experts are contributors to this site as a public service and to promote their research on food resources and production.
Ruth MacDonald, PhD, RD
Chair and Professor of the Department of Food Science & Human Nutrition
Iowa State University
Read Blog Posts:
- Scientifically Speaking, What Are Trans Fats?
- Trans Fat Ban: What Does that Mean?
- Trans Fat Ban: Now What?
- Are Fruits and Vegetables Sprayed with Pesticides Less Safe than Organic Produce?
- Should I Rinse Cold Cuts?
- Meet an Expert: Ruth MacDonald, PhD, RD
- Red Meat: Good or Bad for Your Health?
- Should I Be Eating Protein Bars?
- Does Milk Impact My Breast-Fed Baby?
- Is Non-Organic Food Full of Chemicals?
- Do Onions Absorb Bacteria That Cause Illness?
- Obesity: Are Sugar and Salt To Blame?
- Are GMOs Safe? Questions Continue...
- VIDEO: GMO Labeling - What Do You Think?
- How Long Can you Store Avocados in the Refrigerator?
- Is Wheat a "Perfect Chronic Poison?"
- GMOs in Our Food - Consumers Ask All
- Consumer Question - Is It OK to Use Leftover Onions?
- Milk Wars
- Omnivore's Dilemma - An Expert's Objection to One Perspective
- Gluten Intolerance and Grain Fed Meat
- Fertilizers, Fruits and Vegetables - Oh My!
- Meatless Mondays: Expert and Consumer opinions
- Genetically Engineered or Modified Foods - To Eat or Not To Eat
- What's Really in Our Food?
- Organic versus Conventional Foods: Is There a Nutritional Difference?