A USDA study at Tufts University in Boston found that "the many bioactive compounds in tea appear to impact virtually every cell in the body to improve health outcomes.” Served hot or cold, this could be the perfect reason to schedule a tea break in your day.
Need more reasons to drink tea? Drink these up:
- Black tea can control blood pressure
- Black tea can increase blood flow after a high-fat meal
- Black tea can help increase alertness and focus
- Tea provides antioxidants and helps boost the immune system
- Flavanol compounds in green tea reduce inflammation and fractures
- Catechins in green tea can increase energy expenditure and fat burning